MacPherson's Pharmacy opens in Harlingen
Kenneth MacPherson opened MacPherson's Pharmacy in Harlingen, Texas in 1940. Later, in 1964, Bob Murphy joined him at the helm. Mr. MacPherson retired after nearly 30 years, and his business partner continued building the legacy. Mr. Murphy's son Michael learned the family business over the years and worked his way up to manager in 1990, purchasing the pharmacy from his father in 1995.